Cupertino Turf Installation
Turf Installation Contractor in Cupertino, CA
Cupertino Pro Concrete
Dial (408) 716-3430 For Free Estimates
Installing artificial turf on your lawn is a wise decision. The turfs of today look very much like original grass, but they feel the same. On top of that, artificial turfs can add a touch of elegance and glamour to your property. The striking beauty of turfs always compliments a gorgeous house. But turf installation is not as simple as it sounds. A lot of steps and techniques go into the process. That’s why we are here to help you out.
Turf Installation Steps
Turf installation consists of a few small but tricky steps. Getting each and every one of them right is of paramount importance. In order to get a flawless turf installation, one needs to follow these steps.
- The first step of installing turf deals with analyzing the ground. The ground needs to be thoroughly examined and surveyed. We look for any kind of electrical wires and water management system that can harm the process. If we indeed find any of them, we act accordingly. Once the surface is deemed safe for the work, we move on to the next step.
- The next step includes the preparation of the base. Getting a solid base for the turf to install is very important. Removing the weed is the first thing we do. Then we install a weed barrier to prevent the weeds from growing further. We check if the soil can handle the water drainage properly. If it can’t, then we install a functional water drainage system for the same purpose.
- Now, we need to level the surface nicely. This is important for the pinning later on. In order to create a solid base, we use a combination of gravels and sand. Then we use a roller to compact the whole thing.
- Next, we place a grass edging. The edging should not be higher than the grass level. Before laying out the turf, we need to get the proper measurements. It is very important so that the turf fits the ground nicely, and we don’t have any wrinkles or extra edges. The turf is then laid out nicely and slowly because we wouldn’t want to affect the weed barrier. After that, we usually let the turf rest and settle for a few hours so that it doesn’t develop any lumps.
- After letting it settle, we move on to trim the turf. We use razor knives, so the edges fit properly. Trimming the grass is followed by seaming the turf. We neatly connect the portions around the seams and use special glue so that everything fits into places.
- Then, we pin the turf firmly to the ground. Having a solid base is very much needed for this. We apply pressure and stitch the areas. After all of these, using a brush over the whole turf helps the grass to liven up.
Turf Installation: Self-Reliant vs. Professionals
The project of installing a turf can appear as a doable job from the outside. Considering the personal scale of these projects, DIY is often a probable option. But there are multiple things that can go wrong in the absence of professionals. From properly checking the ground, establishing geotextile weed cleaner to laying out the turf without creating lumps and perfect trimming and stitching, anything can get ruined at inexperienced hands. A flawed installation will ruin the effectiveness of beautiful turf and will greatly reduce its longevity. That’s why it’s always best to hire professionals who have the necessary experience and knowledge of the job.
We at Cupertino Pro Concrete always provide you the required expertise and guidance so that we can install the turf in your lot safely and conveniently. To know more about us, just ring us at (408) 716-3430.